The IEEE Control Systems Society (CSS) was founded in l954 as a scientific, engineering and professional organization dedicated to the advancement of the theory and practice of systems and control in engineering.
The 2012 IEEE Multi-Conference on Systems and Control (MSC 2012) will take place in Dubrovnik Palace Hotel, Dubrovnik, Croatia, on October 3-5, 2012.
MSC 2012 includes two international conferences sponsored and promoted by the IEEE Control Systems Society:
* the IEEE Conference on Control Applications (CCA), and,
* the IEEE International Symposium on Intelligent Control (ISIC).
MSC 2012 will be a three-day event, preceded by a full day of Tutorials and Workshops. The conference proceedings will be included in IEEE Xplore and indexed by INSPEC and Ei-Compendex.
IEEE Control Systems Society
University of Zagreb, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing
Centre of Research Excellence for Advanced Cooperative Systems
Special support: Ministry of Science, Education and Sport of Republic of Croatia
* 2011 MSC @ Denver, CO, USA
* 2010 MSC @ Yokohama, Japan
* 2009 MSC @ Sankt Petersburg, Russia
* 2008 MSC @ San Antonio, TX, USA
* 2007 MSC @ Singapore
PHOTOS AND THANKS [New!]The conference is over! Photos from the conference are now available (new window will open).
The organizing committee would like to thank the all the participants for making this event a success! Our thanks also go to the TPC, the keynote speakers, the tutorial organizers, and most of all - the authors and the reviewers!
See you next year at MSC 2013 in Hyderabad, India!
REGISTRATIONAll Conference attendees must register, either by using on-line early registration (preferred option; see below), or on-site.
All registered participants must check in at the Registration Desk to pick up their registration packages. Personal badges will be provided to identify registered participants.
The Registration Desk will be open during the following hours:
|- Tuesday, October 2nd:||8:00 - 19:00|
|- Wednesday, October 3rd:||7:30 - 17:00|
|- Thursday, October 4th:||8:00 - 17:00|
|- Friday, October 5th:||8:00 - 15:00|
ON-LINE REGISTRATIONFor direct access to the registration site, use the link below:
|KoREMA's online conference registration site
(a new tab/window will open)
CONFERENCE PROGRAMThe Conference program is available on PaperPlaza (new window will open). All workshops will start at 9:00, Tuesday, October 2nd. Room assignment will be available at the registration desk.
SOCIAL EVENTSThe 2012 IEEE MSC social agenda includes a Welcome Reception (Tuesday, October 2nd, 19:00 - 21:00) and a Banquet (Thursday, October 4th, 20:00). Both events will take place at the conference hotel.
KEYNOTE SPEAKERSWe are pleased to announce that the confirmed keynote speakers include (in alphabetical order):
* Richard D. Braatz - Process Systems Engineering Laboratory, MIT, USA
* Dario Floreano - Laboratory of Intelligent Systems, EPFL, Switzerland
* Frank Lewis - ARRI, The University of Texas at Arlington, USA
* Iven Mareels - Biomedical Engineering, The University of Melbourne, Australia
For more details, see Keynotes.
WORKSHOPSMSC 2012 will include four pre-conference workshops on Tuesday, October 2, 2012.
All workshops will start at 9:00. Room assignment will be available at the registration desk.
* [WS1:] Control Design for Energy Efficient Buildings, organized by Sunil Ahuja, Veronica Adetola, Draguna Vrabie, United Technologies Research Center, East Hartford, Connecticut, USA (WS1 Program is now available.)
* [WS2:] Systems and Synthetic Biology, organized by Graziano Chesi, University of Hong Kong, China
* [WS3:] Randomization and Averaging in Estimation, Optimization and Control, organized by Oleg Granichin, St. Petersburg State University, St. Petersburg, and
Alexander Fradkov, Institute for Problems of Mechanical Engineering, Russian Academy of Sciences, St. Petersburg (Russia)
* [WS4:] Estimation and Control for Safe Wireless High Mobility Cooperative Industria Systems, organized by Anibal Ollero, FADA-CATEC, Seville, Spain
with contributors: K. Kondak (DLR, Germany), G. Pacias (INDRA, Spain), G. Heredia (Univ. Seville, Spain), P. J. Marron (Univ. Duisburg-Essen, Germany), Z. Kovacic (Univ. Zagreb, Croatia), S. Bogdan (Univ. Zagreb, Croatia), L. Perez (Astrium, Germany)
For more details, see Workshops.
- Special session proposal submission:
February 20, 2012 [Closed]
- Tutorial and workshop proposals submission:
February 20, 2012 [Closed]
- Technical paper submission:
February 20, 2012 [Closed]
- Notification of acceptance:
Late May, 2012 [Done]
- Final camera ready paper due:
June 26, 2012 *** NEW DATE ***
- Early/author registration ends:
June 26, 2012 (23:59 CEST)
- Conference dates:
October 3-5, 2012
REGISTRATION POLICY AND FEES
The IEEE CSS policy applies to registration fees. Attendees will be able to register under the following registration categories/rates: (IEEE) Member, Non-Member, Life Member, Student, Retiree. The type of registration and the maximum nuber of final papers covered by one registration of a given type is summarized in the table below.
|Non IEEE Member||Non member||3|
Life Senior Member,
The conference registration rates per category are listed below.
|Conference registration fee|
|Extra page fee (only for paper over 6 pages)||$100 per page|
|Extra banquet ticket||$100|
MSC 2012 program will also include Workshops. The workshop registration rates are listed below.
|Workshop registration fee|
All rates are in United States Dollars (USD). Credit cards are charged in local currency, Croatian kuna (HRK), using the exchange rate of the Privredna Banka Zagreb bank (PBZ) on the date of payment.